- What personal data we collect, including from Shinkai online and mobile applications, services and our website at https://shinkai.com (collectively, the “Services”);
- No Collection Capability on Self-Deployed Nodes:
- How we use the data;
- With whom we may share the personal data;
- Legal basis for processing the data;
- Storage and security of your data;
- Your Privacy Rights, Choices and Disclosures, including those for Europe and California;
- Users outside the United States;
- Links to other sites;
- Contact Information.
1. No Collection Capability on Self-Deployed Nodes from Visor, Apps and Tray
Technical and Operational Constraints: When you choose to connect to a self-deployed node, we are technically incapable of accessing or collecting your IP address or any other personal data due to the decentralized nature of self-deployment. Our system is architecturally designed to ensure that we do not have—and cannot obtain—the means to collect personal data from users of self-deployed nodes.
2. Personal Data We Collect or Process
- We also collect information that you provide to us voluntarily. Shinkai collects: (i) an email address if you choose to subscribe to receive updates or news from us; (ii) your name, email and message if you use our Contact form to communicate with us; and (iv) any additional information that you provide to us in the contents of your message when you contact us via email or through our Contact form. We do not require you to register an account or provide an email address.
- We do not knowingly collect information from users of our website under the age of 18 and/or their internet usage, and such persons are not authorized to use the Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 18, we will take steps to remove that user's personal information from our databases. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old. You also represent, by accessing or using the Services, that you are of legal age to enter into legal agreements.
3. How We Use the Data
We use the personal data we collect to respond to your inquiries, complete transactions you initiate, provide or enhance the Services you request, provide updates and other important information related to the Services (if you opt in), administer the Services, and for other legitimate business purposes.
4. With Whom We Share Personal Data
Shinkai may share your information with its affiliates (within or outside your country of residence) in order to perform our Services.
We may also share your personal data to third parties (within or outside your country of residence) who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation our technology providers and professional advisors.
Purchases of NFTs are completed via third party non-custodial wallets which are connected to the blockchain. Public blockchains provide transparency into transactions and Shinkai is not responsible for preventing or managing information broadcasted on a blockchain.
Shinkai may disclose any information we have about you if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Services, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Paima’s rights or property, or the rights or property of visitors to or users of the Services. Shinkai reserves the right at all times to disclose any information that Shinkai deems necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. Shinkai also may disclose your information when Shinkai determines that applicable law requires or permits such disclosure, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes.
We may share your data with a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, liquidation or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock with such third party.
We may share aggregated and de-identified information with third parties (within or outside your country of residence) for analytical, research or other similar purposes.
5. Grounds for Using Your Personal Data
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
Performance of a contract.We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you and to perform Services that you request.
Compliance with Legal Obligations.We may use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
6. Storage and Protection of Your Personal Data
We retain the personal data we collect for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected and to perform our contractual and legal obligations. Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, we store email addresses until the user requests to be unsubscribed. In addition, transactional data broadcasted to the blockchain is immutable and may not be removed or changed.
We take reasonable administrative, physical and technical precautions to protect your personal data and communications between us. This includes, when required or as we deem appropriate and feasible under the circumstances, encryption and written commitments from third parties that may have access to your data that they will protect the data with reasonable safeguards.
No Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free, however. We therefore cannot guarantee absolute security of your data, and we are not responsible for processes and networks that we do not control. Users assume the risk of security breaches and the consequences resulting from them. Please be careful in deciding what information you send to us via email or over the Internet.
7. Your Rights, Choices and Disclosures
- General. This section is subject to specific disclosures on privacy rights set forth below. We are committed to facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the laws of your jurisdiction, which may include the right to request the correction, modification or deletion of your personal information and the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information (as applicable). We will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a request, cancel your account or request we delete or no longer use your account information to provide you Services, contact us at [email protected].
Transactional data broadcasted to the blockchain is immutable and may not be removed or changed.
Subject to local law, you may have additional rights under the laws of your jurisdiction regarding your personal data, such as the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
- Your European Privacy Rights and Choices. If you are located in the European Union, the United Kingdom or another jurisdiction that has adopted laws substantially similar to GDPR, your privacy rights include the following:
- Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or need additional information you can contact us any time.
- Right of access, correction, restriction of processing, erasure.You may contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information, which requests we will do our best to honor subject to any legal and contractual obligations. To make a request or to ask us a question about our data practices, please contact us via email at [email protected].
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time.When we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
- Right to object at any time.You have the right to object at any time to receiving marketing or promotional materials from us by either following the opt-out instructions in commercial e-mails or by contacting us, as well as the right to object to any processing of your personal data based on your specific situation. In the latter case, we will assess your request and provide a reply in a timely manner, according to our legal and contractual obligations. Some non-marketing communications are not subject to a general opt-out, such as communications about transactions and disclosures to comply with legal requirements.
- Right to data portability.You have the right to data portability of your own personal data by contacting us.
- Right not to be subject to an automated decision, including profiling.We do not make automated decisions using your personal data that may negatively impact you.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according to the European Privacy regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
- California Disclosures
California “Shine the Light” Information-Sharing Disclosure: Shinkai does not disclose any information about you to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
California Do Not Track Disclosure: We do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures: Shinkai is not a business subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act.
8. Users Outside the United States
The servers that support the Services are located in the United States. If you are an individual from the European Union, Canada or any other jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that we may store the information we collect in the United States which is not deemed an “adequate jurisdiction” by the European regulatory authorities. Personal data may also be transferred from the country of your residence to other countries, including the United States. By visiting or using our Services, you are consenting to the transfer of your information from your jurisdiction to the United States.
9. Links to Other Sites
11. Questions and Contact Information